When you move into a new home, the first places you probably want to get acquainted with are your kids’ new school, daycare, the family doctor, grocery store, gym, and restaurants. Finding a new dentist might not be very high on your list, but it should be. Finding the right dentist for you and your family when you are new to the area can take some time, but it’s time well spent. The sooner you start, the better.
What You Should Look for in a New Dentist
It goes without saying that you want your new dentist to be a good dentist. They should make you feel comfortable every step of the way, from scheduling an appointment to the appointment itself, be it a check-up or a more involved dental procedure. They should consider not only your dental health but also your overall health. And they should have hours, a location, and prices that work for you.
These are some other considerations:
- Is the dentist accepting new patients?
- How long has the dentist been in practice?
- What is the dentist’s approach to preventive dentistry?
- Do they provide the services you need? (Family dentistry, orthodontics, etc.)
- Does the dental practice have a payment plan?
- What is their policy on missed appointments?
- Does the dentist participate in your dental health plan?
How to Find a Dentist
- Contact your insurance company to get a list of dentists that participate in your dental plan.
- Contact your local or state dental society.
- Ask for referrals from your former dentist, your new doctor, friends, neighbors, and coworkers.
- Research online and look for dentist reviews from people who have had good experiences.
PERFECT TEETH Online Reviews Speak for Themselves
Our award-winning dentists also win big with our patients. Just read what they are saying about us!
“I was a first time patient and had a great experience with Perfect Teeth! The staff is all very friendly and took the time to answer all my questions and gently and comfortably clean my teeth and take x-rays. As a first time patient, I appreciated that I was not pressured into unnecessary treatments/procedures and never felt taken advantage of or ripped off. I was especially happy with the front desk staff and their great customer service! Very professional, helpful, and courteous. I will definitely be going back to Perfect Teeth.” -Kelsey M.
“Best trip to the dentist – EVER!…Nicest, kindest staff. Dr. Venuto wasn’t intimidating and explained every procedure that I would need to achieve Perfect Teeth. When I was finished and had to face the cost assessed to giving me perfect teeth, I didn’t even have to ask about a payment plan. They offered to allow me to make payments. Went back today to do the work needed, and it was a 99% pain free experience.” -Dene’ H.
Don’t wait until you need a dentist to start looking for one. If you’re new to the area and are in need of a dentist, now is the perfect time to consider PERFECT TEETH.
With 66 offices and more than 100 affiliated dentists providing general and specialty dental services, we’ve become the largest provider of dental services in Colorado and New Mexico, with a growing presence in Arizona. Our offices feature experienced family dentists, caring support staff, state-of-the-art equipment, and easy scheduling, billing and financing. And now we are offering a new patient special for just $34!
Contact a PERFECT TEETH dental office to find out if PERFECT TEETH is right for you.