Oral Cancer Awareness Month
Oral Cancer Awareness Month. At PERFECT TEETH, we are committed to
keeping our patients oral cancer free. Oral cancer screenings are a
part of all new patient and routine exams.
Oral Cancer Facts
- Approximately 48,000 people
will be diagnosed with oral cancer every year in the
- Oral Cancer kills one person,
every hour of every day in the United States.
- When found early, oral cancer
has an 80-90% survival rate.
Who is at risk?
Using tobacco products and drinking significantly increase your
risk for developing oral cancer; especially those who use chewing
tobacco. It has also been found that long term use of alcohol based
mouth rinses increase your risk of oral cancer. But the
fastest growing segment of the oral cancer patients are young
(16+), non-smokers who have certain strains of HPV.
Oral Cancer Symptoms
- A lump in the mouth or throat or on the lip
- A white or red patch on the gums, tongue, or the lining of the
- Bleeding, pain, or numbness in the mouth
- A sore throat that does not go away
- Difficulty or pain when chewing or swallowing
- Swelling of the jaw
- Hoarseness in the voice that lasts for a prolonged period of
- Pain in the ear
Call us today at 877-550-8079 to set up your screening or
locate an office near you.